Saturday, March 21, 2009

What scares LiztheMiz the most?

I tell people I don't easily get scared...and I don't but when I do I freeze up for like a second until I realize what's going on, so it looks like I wasn't scared. There's a little secret for ya :D

But one of the things that puts me out of my wits the most is listening to my own heart beat. It doesn't freak me out it down right terrifies me;
the reason why is this:

Every pump of blood pulsing that I feel in the tips of my fingers transfers the message to my brain that moment I just felt was it and it isn't coming back. Then of course my mind is instantly thrust into thinking did I waste that moment or use it to the fullest potential.
When the answer is waste...
That Scares Me

Then I sense it again, this time a little faster because I think it knows I'm hearing it, like my hearing it is like when the president of a company walks in the door and everyone does there job just a little bit better, because it knows its being examined about the moment that was just wasted, something stirs in it and I ask this heart:
Will you do that with the next moment?
That Provokes me

Soon I find myself lost in the rhythm and picturing my inwards, I know it may seem gross but the power and yet the softness, the precise placing of every organ, ventricle, and cell and just how all of it together puts me to work, hear, dream, play, see, go, cry, More! and then comes a verse:

I'll pour pure water over you and scrub you clean. I'll give you a new heart, put a new spirit in you. I'll remove the stone heart from your body and replace it with a heart that's God-willed, not self-willed. I'll put my Spirit in you and make it possible for you to do what I tell you and live by my commands. You'll once again live in the land I gave your ancestors. You'll be my people! I'll be your God!
Ezekiel 26:34
That Leaves me in Awe


So I actually love the thing that terrifies me the most, because it is there the dwelling of Christ!