Friday, April 18, 2008

The Letter

Dear Friend,

Funny how we were both intimidated by each other before speaking a single word, but since we had to see each other so often I guess we both made the effort to be nice. We became friends, receiving the opportunity I asked about your beliefs, your answer set my prayers in motion. It didn't take much time to realize that one of the main reasons I came to this place was to fulfill the great commission in a life, yours. I prayed my words and actions always encouraged, challenged, and built you up, so that the example I set forth only reflected back the reason I was who I am.
I went away for a trip, came back only knowing two things to be still to wait in the promises still to come, and the most important the one that had to do with you, the most terrifying and exciting that because I love you my friend, I would speak to you about life...True life.
I set an opportunity but the my plans failed, I will admit that made me frustrated; I had never felt a need to do something so urgently, but it was on my time not His so I took away from my time, and offered an hour I don't usually ever see you, it was that crucial.
I spoke with you today, let out my heart and humbly told you that His blood was over any other empty claim you have and ever will hear, stands in our place, and has allowed us to connect intimately with a loving Father.
Finishing with the posing of the question, What will your life resound?
Then I gave you my bible, asking that you open yourself to see what God wants to reveal to you this weekend and with an I love you, I left.
But I continued right after to pray, that you look for Him as He has been looking for you; for the change that only He can make for the life you are meant to live. For the eternity you are meant to have.
For the day you run into His loving arms, I fervently pray! Even better the day we enter into eternity my friend, and praise the Lord of rescue, the Lord worth living for.
Till then I pray, for He will do the rest.

I believe in that day, For that day He and I will say "Welcome Home".

In His love,

Elizabeth Mesa

Blessed is she who believes what the Lord has said, Believed ever word would come true. Luke 1:45

1 comment:

Evan said...

Liz, those are some of the most beautiful words ive ever read.God Bless you