Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A Yadah worshiper



Yadah is a Hebrew verb with a root meaning "the extended hand, to throw out the hand"; therefore, "to worship with extended hand." . Yadah means to willfully throw your hands up to praise with power. II Chronicles 20:19-20 is the yadah type of praise. Lifting your hands is almost always equivalent to a Yadah, especially when listening to music. When you Yadah to music you are worshiping the image of the creator/source of the music
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yadah

Like the fallen child cries out to be picked up by their parent.
Like long time unseen loved ones who run and reach out the most horizontal part of them so the time it takes for them to be close is lessened.
Like ashamed criminals of daily crimes that hurt, destroy, and even murder others, intentional or not, as they only let the part of the body rise towards those whom they've wronged asking for mercy when words cannot.
Like the athlete who struggles with their own inadequacies, but keeps going for they know the prize at the end
Like the eager student, when the teaches calls for a special coveted task they will not delay to show their want of it.

I cry out with outstretched hands
I come closer to His love with outstretched hands
I beg for grace with outstretched hands
I in all circumstances, will persevere with outstretched hands
I say Use Me! with outstretched hands.

It is my offering, my body physically pouring out the inner workings of my soul. It is my reverence, simply humbling myself to the knowledge "I am NOT, but i know I AM."
It is with outstretched hands so strained that my fingers tense to be enveloped in the presence of my Father.

I am a Yadah worshiper

No comments: